11.10.2012

map of the medina (old town) of Tangier, Morocco



































Out of lack of any correct medina maps, I walked and mapped all the streets myself for days on end. I chose some bigger streets as main axis and from there split the place into around six parts, each of which I walked through several times, until I knew my way around and my map would make sense. It was an exhausting but extremely interesting task to map this confusing maze of alleys. It was fun to explore parts of the medina I had never been at before.
I believe it's the most complete medina street map there is, it contains even the tiniest blind alleys. 

1 Kommentar:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous. My fiance's family is originally from Tangier and I was looking for unique maps of the area.

    Do you mind if I print this for use at my wedding? I can absolutely credit you!

    thewalkupblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen